ICT Support Officer (Hardware Administration) Grade: 8
MANDATE OF APPOINTING OFFICERS OF PARLIAMENT
Section 154 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe stipulates that the Clerk of Parliament and other Staff of Parliament are appointed on terms of conditions of service approved from time to time, by the Committee on Standing Rules and Orders (CSRO) and are Public Officers, distinct and separate from the Civil Service. These appointments are on an open, performance based contracts subject to the provisions of the Officers of Parliament (Terms of Service) Regulations, 2018, as amended from time to time.
Applications are, therefore, invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens below the age of fifty (50), with a clean disciplinary / criminal record, to fill the above vacant position.
Reports To: Director ICT
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs and configures computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnoses and solves hardware/software faults.
- Provides support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Follows diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Supports the roll-out of new applications.
- Responds within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Works continuously on a task until completion (or refers to senior officer, if problem persists).
- Prioritises and manages many open cases at one time.
- Establishes a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g. software developers.
- Conducts routine checks on computer equipment and log.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the superior.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc Degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems Management.
- Diploma in PC Engineering and Networking is an added advantage.
- In depth knowledge of client server technologies and telecommunication protocols.
- Strong understanding of intranets and extranets and relevant product certification.
- Two(2) years relevant working experience.
How to Apply
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified educational and professional certificates, a motivation letter and three contactable referees, clearly showing which job is being applied for, should be hand-delivered and / or sent to:
The Clerk of Parliament
Corner Third Street & Nelson Mandela Avenue
P.O. Box CY 298
Alternatively submissions can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Canvassing and CV fraud will lead to automatic disqualification.
NB: Parliament of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, with the requisite experience, are strongly encouraged to apply. In return, Parliament of Zimbabwe offers a comparatively competitive remuneration package which will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Deadline: 17 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Parliament of Zimbabwe
The Parliament of Zimbabwe is the bicameral legislature of Zimbabwe composed of the Senate and the National Assembly. The Senate is the upper house, and consists of 80 members, 60 of whom are elected by proportional representation from ten six-member constituencies corresponding to the country's provinces.