Information Technology (IT) Officer
Under the direction of the Senior IT Officer, the IT Officer’s executes IT services for ZHI, implements IT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The incumbent is responsible for review and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance ZHI productivity. The IT Officer promotes a client-oriented approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The IT Officer will: Administer, monitor, and maintain the ZHI LAN/WAN to include sites throughout designated area of operations; ensuring functionality and availability to all system users of networked services including building access control and related security systems, and VoIP System.
- Ensure SharePoint Team sites storage functioning and access rights management for ZHI.
- Update and manage ZHI Share Point’s online folder and permission structure; Provide proactive and responsive support to all end-users including field offices using the helpdesk global solution (Manage Engine).
- Conduct server hardware and OS troubleshooting and provide networking hardware/software support including firewall management
- Identify and implement actions/procedures, which will improve the performance of the network.
- Update and maintain ZHI’s third party cloud applications.
- Software and hardware inventory management and maintenance.
- Management of warranties with authorized service centres for computer equipment.
- Management of software licenses and cloud services to optimize the use of ZHI resources and ensure their renewal
- Management of projects that are being implemented with third party contractors be it software or hardware systems implementation.
- Administer Windows 2016 Server, anti-virus services, data backup/restore & other 3rd party software.
- Website Maintenance.
- Support with implementation of procedures and tools to ensure information security within ZHI.
- Supervise other IT Support staff and local IT consultants\contractors, when applicable.
- Support in budget preparation.
- Perform other relevant duties as directed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate in an IT field with at least 3 years practical experience in computer systems operations.
- Masters in related field will be an added advantage.
- CCNA and MCSE, Sophos XG Firewall Administrator Certifications required.
- Membership of an IT Professional Board.
How to Apply
email@example.com, clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.to complete the job application form. Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered as a Private Voluntary Organisation (PVO 17/22). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high-impact, integrated health interventions to the communities we serve, while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
Deadline: 10 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI)
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered as a Private Voluntary Organisation (PVO 17/22). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The Accelerated and Comprehensive HIV Care for Epidemic Control in Zimbabwe (ACCE) project's objective is to complement the government of Zimbabwe (GOZ)’s efforts towards epidemic control by targeting testing to efficiently identify PLHIV, ensuring all newly diagnosed PLHIV are immediately linked to treatment, and all PLHIV on treatment have ready access to antiretroviral therapy (ART), are retained on treatment, and remain virally suppressed. The program is being implemented in 9 districts in Midlands (Gweru, Kwekwe, Mberengwa and Gokwe South) and in Manicaland (Makoni, Mutare, Chipinge, Mutasa and Buhera).