The Laboratory Scientist will be working for a multi-centre clinical study to evaluate the feasibility and performance of the Genital InFlammation Test (GIFT) – Comparing a novel point-of-care (POC) cytokine biomarker lateral flow test - with nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) for detection of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and Nugent scoring for bacterial vaginosis (BV). The Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for conducting laboratory diagnostic tests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle samples and perform analyses including nucleic acid amplification tests and microscopy according to SOPs.
- Responsible for the storage and shipment of vaginal samples.
- Maintain records of all quality activities as documented in SOPs and Responsibilities and Accountability test methods.
- Maintain and calibrate equipment, report deficiencies or malfunction to the study coordinator.
- Improve laboratory and/or quality activities on a continuous basis.
- Follow protocol and standard operating procedures.
- Complete all study forms.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree or diploma in Laboratory Sciences or Equivalent.
- Experience with PCR diagnostic and monitoring tests.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the laboratory in either public or private sector.
- Computer competence with spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications.
- Must be registered with Medical Laboratory Clinical Scientist Council of Zimbabwe.
- Previous research experience is desirable.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail, good problem-solving and record-keeping skills.
How to Apply
and Complete the Application Form then submit your cv, certificates and application letter via email to: email@example.com, clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
- OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
- OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
- While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. If you do not receive any communication within a month from the date of closing, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Deadline: 14 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
OPHID is a Zimbabwean organization that develops & implements approaches towards the provision of quality HIV prevention, care & treatment services.
Address: 20 Cork Rd, Harare
Phone: (024) 2700607