Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post which has arisen within the Zimbabwe Gender Commission,
The position exists to manage and coordinate the Legal operations of ZGC and reports to Legal Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the developing the overall Legal & Investigation strategies that meets the organisation's objectives.
- Implement agreed strategic initiatives for each year and monitoring actions to ensure realisation of planned outputs.
- Prepare project budgets for review by the Manager.
- Monitor and control program expenses within allocated budget.
- Identify cost reduction/ containment measures and process to improve opportunities for the organization without jeopardising quality of ZGC service to all clients and stakeholders.
- Set and agree with the Manager, section strategic action plans and ensure implementation to facilitate organisational continuity
- Performing investigations and providing legal counsel efficiently in order to meet the needs of the organization as well as the expectations of all stakeholders.
- Assist in planning the conduct of investigations of Possible Violations Related to Gender in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures, ensuring that the resulting reports are of a high quality and issued timely;
- In case of lawsuits, collecting evidence that are permissible in the court of law and preparing all the groundwork required to fight the case 10. Recommend policy, administrative and legislative interventions to address barriers in question.
- Keep abreast of legal issues.
- Operate and maintain an intake system for categorizing and prioritizing all complaints in terms of severity and complexity and allocate cases to individual investigators to ensure timely completion of investigations.
- Operate a comprehensive case management system for the effective tracking, management of and reporting on cases at all stages of investigations;
- Ensure that there is an effective communication system (hotline, email systems, postal mail and personal reporting) that is operational round the clock for the receipt of gender related complaints.
- Assist in preparing monthly Legal & Investigation reports and submit to the Manager which highlights comments and erformance.
- Monitor and track the ac al performance and provide updates to the Manager monthly to ensure feedback and information sharing.
- Participate in the Appraisal process monthly in liaison with human resources department to ensure effective communication on performance management.
- Identification of self-training needs and recommend for input into training plans to ensure improved performance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Law, Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent.
- 3-4 years' experience preferably in gender issues.
- Results Focus.
- Concern for Order, Risk and Quality.
- Information Seeking.
- Organizational Awareness.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Conceptual thinking.
How to Apply
Applications should submit an application letter accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified accademic and professional certificatesApplications should clearly indicate the post being applied for and should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Zimbabwe Gender Commission
1st Floor, Pax House
89 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
Deadline: 14 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Gender Commission
The Zimbabwe Gender Commission was established in terms of Section 245 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe, “hereinafter referred to as the Constitution” and operationalised through the Zimbabwe Gender Commission (ZGC) Act (Chapter 10:31). It;s Mission is to promote and protect gender equality through public education, research, investigations and monitoring.