Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position which has arisen in the Legal department. The position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Reporting to the Company Secretary and Legal Advisor, the incumbent will be responsible for undertaking legal research, writing reports and legal opinions to support effective decision making in providing corporate and legal services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research on legal issues relating to the bank's operations and prepares written opinions, working papers and reports.
- Reviews legal documents, instruments and other material identified issues and propose amendments.
- Prepares briefs and preliminary drafts of legislative legal material.
- Develop and maintain up to date repository of laws, judgments, contract precedents and other materials.
- Reviews and recommends amendments to legislation pertinent to the banking sector.
- Drafts legal documents such as contracts, agreements, opinions, briefs and prepares memoranda, letters and other documents.
- Provide legal advisory services to committees of the Bank.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Law degree from a recognized institution.
- Post Graduate Qualification e.g. CIS, MBA or ACCA is an added advantage.
- 5years' proven experience in legal environment.
- Knowledge of banking laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to use e-Government platforms.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their applications accompanied with detailed CV, proof of qualifications and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position being applied on the subject.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 31 March 2023