Medical Laboratory Scientist (Bindura)
Ponai Medical Centre is seeking a qualified Medical Laboratory Scientist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing blood into components.
- Conducting laboratory tests and investigations on blood and/or urine samples as requested.
- Validating and/or verifying laboratory equipment and processes.
- Performing on call duties covering all organizational aspects and referring complex issues to the relevant department.
- Compiling periodic (monthly, quarterly or as needed) Laboratory sectional reports for decision making.
- Reviewing of laboratory sectional equipment and processes quality control reports.
- Drafting and updating Standard Operating Procedures on laboratory processes for approval.
- Handling health facility queries pertaining to blood requests/usage.
- Dispatching blood/blood components to relevant health facilities as per requests.
- Providing advice to clinicians on additional laboratory tests and alternative blood components to use ir managing medical conditions.
- Identifying non-conformances in the laboratory processes and documenting immediate correction taken and performing corrective action.
- Troubleshooting and resolving first line laboratory testing equipment and processes issues and reporting second line issues to Service engineers.
- Conducting collaborative research in identified priority areas.
- Monitoring and ordering laboratory testing reagents and consumables as per critical stock analysis report.
- Authenticating laboratory test results (correlating with test parameters, reviewing data, equipment flags and other testing parameters prior to reporting of results).
- Conducting proficiency tests as scheduled.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences Honours Degree or equivalent.
- Have at 1 to 3 years’ experience as a Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- Registration with Medical Laboratory Clinical Scientist Council of Zimbabwe.
- Valid practicing certificate.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should email their application letters, certified academic and professional certificates and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19 October 2023
Ponai Medical Centre - Avondale Urgent Care Clinic
Avondale Urgent Care Clinic is a subsidiary of Ponai Medical Centre Private Limited which is a wholly private owned Zimbabwean Health Service Business Enterprise. The business currently runs a private hospital in Bindura, a private urgent care clinic in Harare. The company was incorporated in 2004 in accordance with the laws of Zimbabwe and it is fully registered under the Health Professions Authority of Zimbabwe.
Address: 11A Lincoln Road Avondale
Phone: 077 482 4258