Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above mentioned post.
- Reporting To: Blood Supply Executive Branch Team Leader.
- Period: Five- Year Fixed Term Contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing blood into components.
- Conducting laboratory tests and investigations on blood and/or urine samples as requested.
- Validating and/or verifying laboratory equipment and processes.
- Conducting on the job training for Interns and Graduate trainees.
- Performing on call duties covering all organizational aspects and referring complex issues to the relevant department.
- Compiling periodic (monthly. quarterly or as needed) Laboratory sectional reports for decision making.
- Reviewing of laboratory sectional equipment and processes quality control reports.
- Drafting and updating Standard Operating Procedures on laboratory processes for approval.
- Handling health facility queries pertaining to blood requests/us.
- Dispatching blood/blood components to relevant health facilities as per requests.
- Providing advice to clinicians on additional laboratory tests and alternative blood components to use the managing medical conditions.
- Identifying non-conformances in the laboratory processes and documenting immediate correction taken and performing corrective action.
- Troubleshooting and resolving first line laboratory testing equipment and processes issues and reporting second line issues to Service engineers.
- Conducting collaborative research in identified priority areas.
- Monitoring and ordering laboratory testing reagents and consumables as per critical stock anal, report.
- Authenticating laboratory test results (correlating with test parameters, reviewing raw data, equipment flags and other testing parameters prior to reporting of results).
- Conducting proficiency tests as scheduled.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences Honours Degree or equivalent.
- Have at least 2 years' experience as a Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- Registration with Medical Laboratory Clinical Scientist Council of Zimbabwe.
- Valid practicing certificate.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should email their application letters, certified academic and professional certificates and CVs to: email@example.com addressed to:
The Human Capital Officer
National Blood Service Zimbabwe
P O Box A101.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 March 2023