A well-established company in drilling and blasting seeks to consider suitable and qualified candidates for the above position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and supervising extraction of minerals.
- Involved in the efficient development of mines and other surface and underground operations.
- Assessing the commercial viability of new mining ventures.
- Working with specialist software to support planning programmes.
- Monitoring activities underground.
- Overseeing staff activities, either in one site section or throughout an entire mine.
- Ensuring the safety of mining equipment and assessing mine equipment supplies.
- Overseeing the health and safety of the site, particularly in relation to issues such as ventilation.
- Planning for surface mining operations.
- Providing consultancy and advice on mining and mineral extraction projects.
- Filling in disused mine shafts.
- Reclaiming mine sites.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Mining Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Surface Mining Engineering.
- Certificate in Project Management.
- Solid understanding of surface mining operations.
- Experience in overseeing major construction projects and running mining operations.
- Experience in managing mining production processes.
- Experience in managing monthly budgets and keeping detailed records.
- Training and supervising staff.
- Monitoring and evaluating surface mining performance.
How to Apply
Send Your CV, Certificates and Cover Letter To: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them at: Number 7 Water Meyer Road, Belvedere, Harare.
Deadline: 21 March 2023