Mining Projects Engineer (Shurugwi)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, competent and experienced persons to fill the above mentioned position on a 3 year fixed term employment contract basis, renewable subject to performance.
Reporting to the Mine Manager - Projects, the successful candidates will be responsible for assisting the Mine Manager – Projects in planning and implementing projects within the Mining Division.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that mining projects within the division are properly planned, budgeted for and implemented within the budgeted costs, time and quality.
- Management of projects service providers and contractors within the Mining Division.
- Generation of mining Capex budgets.
- Mining project cost control.
- Development and coaching of subordinates.
- Ensuring that all work done within the projects section is done in compliance of applicable legislation as well as company standards, policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent, from a reputable university.
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-Graduate Development experience in an underground, hard rock mining environment of which at least 3 years should have been at Mine Captain level.
- A holder of a Full Blasting Licence.
- A working knowledge of mining software systems.
- Experience in mine planning and design work is an added advantage.
- Mining project management knowledge and experience is essential.
- Membership of a recognized engineering professional body.
- Working knowledge of safety management systems, with exposure to the NOSA SHE system being an added advantage.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of the SAP ERP is an advantage.
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s licence.
How to Apply
Applications from persons meeting the above stated requirements together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and proof of qualifications to be submitted to:
The Manpower Services Manager
Re: ‘Project Mining Engineer’
Zimasco (Private) Limited
P.O. Box 124
Or E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 16 June 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message