Nurse Aide NPSA-3
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UN Clinic was established to provide competent primary health care services in Zimbabwe for UN personnel and their eligible dependents. The clinic is mandated with the provision of workplace occupational health care management systems and structures, to ensure a robust response mechanism to staff and dependents health challenges. Whilst curative care is equally important, special emphasis has always been on promotive and preventive health care management services.
The UN family in Zimbabwe has not been spared by the COVID-19 pandemic and this saw the need to enhance the capacity of the UN Clinic staff. During the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic , extra staff was hired for the UN Clinic on a temporary basis to augment the existing medical staff to strengthen the fight against the pandemic. This staff structure was partly maintained as a measure of preparedness against future waves of COVID-19 , other pandemics and leverage the effects of the deterioration of the health delivery system in the country.. The economical situation in the country has also seen alarming exodus of health care personnel including doctors, nurses, laboratory scientists, nurses’ aides etc. This situation makes our roster ineffective with difficulties to get the selected health personnel when needed.The additional staff will be required to start as soon as possible and continue for the period covering 12 months. This is to ensure that adequate care is given as and when needed to UN Staff and dependents.
Duties and Responsibilities
Standard Clinic Hygiene:
- Disinfection of clinic working area surfaces including damp dusting.
- Sluicing and disinfection of clinic linen and bedding material.
- Laundry and ironing of clinic linen.
- Prepares and maintains high standard hygiene of all offices, patient observation, and examination and procedure rooms.
- Cleans equipment, sterilizes, stores, prepares and issues dressing packs, procedure trays and other supplies.
- Maintains the orders stock for Doctor’s and nursing areas.
Assistance with patient care:
- Reception of patients, clients, visitors and answers telephone calls.
- Measures and records temperature, pulse, respiration rate, blood pressure, weight, height, intake and output as and when requested to do so.
- Assisting patients whilst in waiting room, rest room and observation room and promptly reports emergency cases to the UN Nurse or Doctor on duty.
- Assists the UN Nurse with provision of Basic patient care including tepid baths and appropriate transportation of patients.
- Drapes patients for examinations and treatments and remains with patient during such duties as holding instruments, adjusting lights etc.
- Collects urine, stool, and sputum as requested.
General communication and assistance of patients:
- Reception and assistance of patients and direct them to the nurses
- Assisting visitors where necessary,
- Assisting with responding to patient bookings and other enquiries.
Maintain clinic in good order and security of equipment:
- Assist in the security of clinic movable and immovable equipment.
- Assist in carrying out monthly inventory stock checking.
Other Aide duties:
- Security maintenance of clinic property and equipment through inventory and actions to promote cleanliness and safety for patients, visitors and staff.
- Assists the UN Nurse with stock checks, statistical compilation.
- Assists with filing system and invoice compilation.
- Completes various errands as directed, including pick- up and delivery of trays, specimens, reports, e.tc.
- Under the direct supervision of the senior nurse in charge and overall supervision by the UN Health Manager, the Nurse Aide will ensure a high standard of clinic hygiene, prompt assistance to patients and being an aide to the nurses, doctors and the UN Health Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Nurse Aide Training Certificate
- 5 Ordinary Level Subjects.
- Computer Literate.
- A minimum of 3 years’ similar working experience in a private institution.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining high standard hygiene of all offices, patient observation, and examination and procedure rooms.
- Experience in sluicing and disinfection of clinic linen and bedding material.
- Experience in assisting the nurses with provision of basic patient care.
- Demonstrated knowledge in security maintenance of clinic property and equipment through inventory and record keeping.
- Demonstrated experience in working with people of different national and cultural background.
- Previous work experience in the UN/NGO environment is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in infection Prevention and Control Management systems.
- Basic knowledge and experience in the usage of computers and email
- Required Language(s): Fluency in written and spoken English and basic working knowledge in both Shona and or Ndebele.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/920030
Deadline: 30 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The United Nations Development Programme is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity.