The Combination HIV Prevention project seeks to reduce the number of new HIV infections among adolescents and young people in their diversity in Mazowe. This posting is for a Nurse who will provide SRH and HIV prevention health services to adolescents and young people in their diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working under the supervision of Sister In Charge, the Project Nurse will be mainly responsible for ensuring the delivery of adolescent and youth-friendly primary care, HIV and SRH service to study clients presenting to the facility.
- Providing HIV testing and counselling services to adolescents and young people with linkage to preferred and appropriate preventive and treatment services
- Capturing data in standard M & E tools and registers.
- Providing PrEP services (Screening, Initiation and Counselling)
- Screening, counselling and management of STIs.
- Assessment of family planning needs, counselling and provision of contraceptions.
- Treatment of minor ailments.
- Providing psychosocial support to young people.
- Referrals to other health service providers.
- Maintaining clinical inventory and stock cards.
- Preparing monthly work plan.
- Compilation and submission of weekly reports
- Registration and compliance to regulatory boards.
- Attending and participating in stakeholders’ meetings and presenting progress reports.
- Interaction with organizations and government departments.
- Sensitization of local community leaders about study activities.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Registered General Nurse with a Diploma/Degree in General Nursing or Primary Care Nurse with a Certificate in Nursing.
- Registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe and in possession of a valid practising certificate.
- Valid Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing and Counselling.
- A post-basic qualification is an added advantage (Counselling, HIV management , STIs, modern long term contraceptive methods.
- 5 years’ experience as a Registered General Nurse and 2 years’ experience in clinical management of HIV.
- Candidates with qualifications and experience in counselling services have an added advantage.
- Demonstrable ability to work with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYWs).
- Knowledge of the National HIV prevention guidelines and EDLIZ.
- Familiar with national guidelines, SOPs and protocols, especially for HIV and SRH service.
How to Apply
Suitably qualifying candidates can submit their CV's and Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Application for Nurse position-Glendale" on the subject line.
Deadline: 02 April 2023