Office Executive Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the incumbent will provide full administrative and secretarial support at a senior level to the Chief of Mission to ensure the smooth management of his/her day-to-day affairs, and most effective use of her/his time. Handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner. Take initiative as appropriate especially in the Chief of Mission’s absence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage CoM’s electronic diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Manage CoM’s travel arrangements (including visas/accommodation).
- Process CoM’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the Director/or on behalf of the Director, or other staff as appropriate.
- Maintain CoM’s office systems, including data management and filing.
- Maintain records of CoM’s contacts.
- Screen calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
- Assist CoM in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the Director’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma with 5 (five) years of relevant experience or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields from an accredited institution with 3 (three) years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations,
- non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Tactfully and diplomatically handling irate clients.
- Time management.
- Working independently and collaboratively.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and confident.
- Active listening.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Task prioritization.
Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership of achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
- No late applications will be accepted.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 13 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting human and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.