Operational Risk Officer
An exciting position has arisen for an Operational Risk Officer within our Risk department. The candidate will be expected too measure, monitor and manage all financial and operational risks in treasury and report to Head Risk.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors Dealer and Counter-party compliance with treasury limits.
- Conduct treasury risk assessments and reviews on a monthly basis.
- Reports on market and foreign exchange risk on a monthly basis.
- Conducts and coordinates the market and operational risk assessments according to the bank’s wide risk management frame.
- Prepares and reviews counter party limits on a daily and quarterly basis and recommend to Head Risk- as per Treasury Policies and Procedures.
- Reviews treasury dealer limits and recommend changes to Head Risk on a quarterly basis- as
- per Treasury Policies and Procedures.
- Prepares daily liquidity reports.
- Perform strss tests and ratio analysis daily.
- Analyses daily transaction data for Treasury in the system for correctness.
- Prepares stress scenarios and validate underlying assumptions, providing variance analysis to identify risks and drivers on a monthly -basis.
- Checks for compliance to the exchange control regulations on a weekly basis.
- Compiles or drafts Assets and Liabilities Committee (ALCO) management reports on a monthly.
Qualifications and Experience
- Any related Business degree
- 4 years' experience in a RISK BANKING OPERATIONAL environment.
- Clean Driver's licence is a must.
- Strong analytical skills, including financial analytics, financial modelling and data analysis skills.
- Expertise in analysing large data sets to assess financial trends, assess data quality, run data
- queries and diagnostics and ability to synthesize and visualize data.
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel, Access, macros, pivot tables etc.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in Treasury/ investment operations or other Treasury/Funding related areas.
How to Apply
All applications addressed to: email@example.com, clearly stating the position being applied for and the location in the subject line.
NB: Copies of qualifications must accompany all applications.
Deadline: 08 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
EmpowerBank is a registered deposit taking Micro Bank in terms of the Microfinance Act [Chapter 24:29] and is regulated by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe. The organisation was formed with the purpose of providing social and financial solutions to the financially excluded population with greater focus on the youth.