Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the above mentioned vacant position on a one (1) year contract basis.
This position has the responsibility for ensuring licensing, monitoring, and enforcement of Postal Service compliance with licence and relevant regulations. The position reports to the Manager Postal and Courier Service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out investigations into suspected illegal postal and courier services operations.
- Interact with law enforcement agents when dealing with cases of illegal operations.
- Attend court sessions with respect to suspected illegal operations as and when the need arises Carry out checks on the quality of Postal and Courier Services offered to members of the public against set standards.
- Undertake follow-up checks on previously raised quality of service deficiencies.
- Undertake tests of postal and courier services network quality by sending test letters and articles from various posting points.
- Compile and submit reports to the Manager, Postal Services, with recommendations.
- Investigate Consumer complaints related to Postal and Courier Services.
- Prepare responses to consumers on complaints raised. Maintain records of consumer complaints against licensee.
- Provide technical inputs into the preparation of consumer awareness programmes.
- Participate in events such as World Post Day, International Letter Writing Competition and participation, at Exhibitions and Trade Shows.
- Collect and continuously update information on the extent of operators' network coverage. Carry out checks on accessibility of operator's Outlets.
- Encourage and monitor the development of new products and services by licensed operators. Prepare and submit periodic reports on Postal and Courier Services developments.
- Provide inputs into the formulation of the Divisional Budget Assist the Manager, Postal and Courier Services, in establishing appropriate Postal Licence fees and Penalties.
- Evaluate Business Plans submitted by new licence applicants, checking technical issues and making recommendations concerning viability and sustainability.
- Verify applicants' resources and assets through physical checks.
- Carry out reviews of existing licences.
- Evaluating renewal applications submitted by existing Licensees.
- Continuously monitor and enforce licence requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Social Science.
- Post-Graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- 5 years experience in Postal and/or Courier services environment.
- Clean Class four (4) driver's licence a must.
- Self-motivated and self-starter with excellent attitude.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Unquestionable integrity.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should submit applications containing a detailed Curriculum vitae including the following information:
- Full Name (Surname first).
- Position applied for.
- Copies of academic and/or professional certificates.
All applications should be submitted to the Director General, 1110 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare, or P.O. Box MP 843. Mt Pleasant, Harare in an envelope clearly marked "Application For A Vacant Post - State Post Being Applied For" to reach the Director General
NB: Only successful candidates will be responded to. An appropriate package will be negotiated with the successful candidates.
Deadline: 23 March 2023