Principal Accountants x2
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above mentioned posts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Approving payment Voucher.
- Checking and updating captured data.
- Supervising bank reconciliation.
- Managing the University’s cash flows.
- Checking completeness on Payment Vouchers.
- Checking and updating journals.
- Checking the accuracy of payroll input.
- Supervising subordinates.
- Facilitating training of invigilators and supervising examinations.
- Monitoring the processing of examination results.
- Monitoring and reviewing the examinations system for continuous improvement in linewith international best practice.
- Servicing the termination of studies (appeal committee) and other University Committees as assigned.
- Disseminate information to staff and students to ensure that they are aware of and comply with examination procedures and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters in Accounting and Finance/ Accounting/ Finance or equivalent plus 2 years post qualification experience.
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Accounting and Finance or Accounting or
- Finance or equivalent plus five (5) years post qualification experience.
- Experience in Pastel and Paywell packages would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Deadline: 29 September 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Lupane State University (LSU)
The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. Is located in Lupane, a small town just off the main highway between Bulawayo and Victoria Falls.
Main Campus: P.O Box 170 Lupane, Along Bulawayo-Victoria Falls Highway, ZimbabwePhone : +263 (081) 2856488,2856558, 2856271, 2856390
Fax: +263 (081) 2856393
Bulawayo Campus: 2nd Floor CBZ Building Fife Street & 10th Avenue,Bulawayo, ZimbabwePhone : +263 29 73770-1, 63546, 64458Fax : +263 29 62436