Principal House-keeper (Grade: 7)
MANDATE OF APPOINTING OFFICERS OF PARLIAMENT
Section 154 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe stipulates that the Clerk of Parliament and other Staff of Parliament are appointed on terms of conditions of service approved from time to time, by the Committee on Standing Rules and Orders (CSRO) and are Public Officers, distinct and separate from the Civil Service. These appointments are on an open, performance based contracts subject to the provisions of the Officers of Parliament (Terms of Service) Regulations, 2018, as amended from time to time.
Applications are, therefore, invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens below the age of fifty (50), with a clean disciplinary / criminal record, to fill the above vacant position.
Reports To: Serjeant - at - Arms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks all outgoing and incoming laundry and dry cleaning.
- Records incoming stock, stored stock and issuing out of stock of toiletries, institutional provisions, maintenance material and clothing.
- Inspects floors and signs floor inspection forms.
- Takes care of front and back chambers.
- Keeps time during processions.
- Sources quotations as per Government Procurement requirements.
- Assists in maintenance of attendance register of Members of Parliament.
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned by superior from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management (HEXCO).
- 5 '0' Level subjects at Grade C or better including English Language and Mathematics.
- Sound knowledge of government procurement and maintenance procedures.
- Sound knowledge of stores management.
- Knowledge of SAP system, especially electronic asset management.
- 2 years relevant working experience.
How to Apply
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified educational and professional certificates, a motivation letter and three contactable referees, clearly showing which job is being applied for, should be hand-delivered and / or sent to:
The Clerk of Parliament
Corner Third Street & Nelson Mandela Avenue
P.O. Box CY 298
Alternatively submissions can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Canvassing and CV fraud will lead to automatic disqualification.
NB: Parliament of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, with the requisite experience, are strongly encouraged to apply. In return, Parliament of Zimbabwe offers a comparatively competitive remuneration package which will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Deadline: 17 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Parliament of Zimbabwe
The Parliament of Zimbabwe is the bicameral legislature of Zimbabwe composed of the Senate and the National Assembly. The Senate is the upper house, and consists of 80 members, 60 of whom are elected by proportional representation from ten six-member constituencies corresponding to the country's provinces.