Procurement and Contracts Officer
The Procurement and Contracts Officer will support the Operations and Finance Manager on procurement and Contracts matters and provide guidance to project partners in those areas. Under the overall management of the Operations and Finance Manager, as well as the Contracts Director and Project Manager at the Home Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and issue Requests for Applications (RFAs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
- Solicits and review quotations/applications/proposals from local and international suppliers in line with USAID Regulations and ECODIT’s Guidelines.
- Facilitate evaluations of applications, quotations, and proposals by working with the Technical Evaluation Committee team to select from contractors and vendors/suppliers.
- Prepares comprehensive source selection Memos for approval in line with ECODIT’s guidelines;
- Negotiate the best value for money (payment terms, after-sales service, warranty), also bearing in mind the available budget and price reasonableness.
- Generate and amend Purchase Orders, subcontracts, and other contractual documentation in compliance with USAID regulations and ECODIT standards, in coordination with the Home Office (HO) Contracts Director.
- Align purchase orders, subcontracts, and other contractual documentation to the Requisition Form and Scope of Work.
- Follow up and expedite Purchase Orders and Subcontracts to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Monitor supply performance-related issues i.e., key performance indicators such as quality, quantity, and price variations.
- Facilitate supplier payments by ensuring timely submission of invoices for processing.
- Conduct supplier/vendor assessments (compliance, suitability, and capacity to provide goods and services).
- Identify and recommend new vendors for inclusion in the supplier database as and when the needs arise.
- Maintain a real-time contracts database, Purchase Order, Consultant and subcontract trackers and records of sub-issued contracts to ensure that all hard copy and electronic records are up-to-date and in compliance with USAID regulations and ECODIT standards; and
- Assist the Operations and Finance Manager in other required tasks as needed, including, but not limited to subcontract management by.
- Providing training to the ECODIT’s Partners on their sub-contract management.
- Providing additional subcontract support to recipients’ finance and administrative staff, such as mentoring and coaching on contract management and best practices.
- Visiting ECODIT Partner offices frequently to provide face-to-face support for contracts management matters and compliance, and review key procurement issues.
- Provide guidelines to partners during USAID Mandatory Audits; and
- Distributing financial reporting templates to partners before project implementation and carrying out Project Inception meetings with partners to help them understand the reporting requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supply/Logistics/Economics/Finance/Business Studies/Administration or MCIPS or HND in Purchasing and Supply.
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as CIPS or CILT is a definite advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in Subcontracts and procurement management in an international development / NGO context
- At least 3 years of working experience within USAID-funded projects.
- Computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- High ethical standards.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- Demonstrated professional oral and writing skills in English language
How to Apply
Deadline: 14 March 2023
The ECODIT Trust
ECODIT is a trusted USAID contractor and leader in advancing environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world.