Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above mentioned post. Reporting directly to the Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning the procurement activities of the Centre.
- Securing the adoption of the appropriate method of procurement and
- Prepare bidding documents in compliance with Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Act.
- Following and enforcing the Centre’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analysing and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Maintaining inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Maintain records of purchase, pricing and other important data.
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply and price options.
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy and systems.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a procurement officer or related position.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Ability to negotiate, establish and administer contracts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Goal oriented, organize team player.
How to Apply
Application letters, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience and names of at least three referees should be sent to the address below clearly indicating the vacancy applied for.
Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing
High Performance Computing Centre Building
University of Zimbabwe
630 Churchill Avenue,
or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews.
Deadline: 24 March 2023