The Project Accountant’s primary responsibility is to support the project team regarding contract modifications, compliance, payments, stock requests, reports and any other duties related to the project. This position reports to the Senior Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all accounting related functions for assigned projects.
- Assist project teams with any questions or needs related to the accounting department.
- Manage invoices, payments, and compliance for assigned projects.
- Have an understanding of compliance requirements for assigned projects.
- Recognize revenue appropriately throughout the course of the project
- Process vendor invoices accurately and within assigned timeline.
- Process sub-contractor payments accurately and within assigned timeline.
- Collect and track compliance documents.
- Generate reports including Payroll, A/R, Contract Status, and Job Cost.
- Keeping a record of all project finances for internal/external auditing and tax purposes.
- Preparing cost analyses by interpreting projects' financial data and information.
- Reporting any financial risks and budgetary discrepancies to management for review.
- Job cost report modification.
- Other related duties as assigned or needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or similar business degree.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience working as an accountant or bookkeeper.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Proficient in data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable and vendor payments.
- Strong communication skills.
- Key competencies are Communication, teamwork, initiative, and dependability.
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and Experience of Using an ERP system.
How to Apply
Applications and Curriculum vitae should be submitted on the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 March 2023