Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of the Property Assistant that has arisen in the Property Department. This position is on a 2-year fixed term contract basis.
The purpose of the Property Assistant position is to assist with the day‐to‐day functions of the Property Department and also assist with some of the functions of the Property Manager. The Property Assistant may be required to act as the liaison person between the tenants and the Property Manager for certain property related issues. The position reports to the Property Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop collections and revenue goals; and design plans to achieve them and strategies to combat revenue losses, including highlighting requirements for developing new products for review by the Property Manager.
- Prepare communication plans to keep tenants up to date.
- Writing work orders for Maintenance department based on information from tenants, technicians or on information gathered from site visits.
- Editing and producing lease documents as necessary.
- Issuing keys to technicians/vendors, logging said keys out/in, ensuring return of said keys.
- Advertising and web site update related to available units, and the reporting of all such related costs to the Property Manager.
- Performance of credit and reference checks for all new applications and presentation of this data to Property Manager for approval.
- Preparation of leases for new or existing tenants including submitting to the Property Manager for approval before execution.
- Maintain logs and lists as necessary.
- Maintain preventative maintenance calendars.
- Obtaining Bids –landscaping, rubbish & maintenance/repairs, etc.
- At the direction of the Property Manager, visit managed properties to perform or assist in the performance of management duties.
- Reconciliation of rental and stands payment accounts.
- Assist in all functions of the Property Management Department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Real Estate Management or equivalent
- Possession of Marketing degree is an added advantage.
- At least 2years’ experience in a property management environment.
- Analytical, statistical, problem solving skills
- Possess strong attention to detail; possessing the ability to learn new procedures quickly and be able to juggle multiple job functions.
- A strong background in customer service, some basic knowledge of building structures and experience in coordinating and scheduling is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to clearly provide written reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates are invited to submit their applications together with updated CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 06 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Construction Industry Pension Fund