Public Relations Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post which has arisen within the Zimbabwe Gender Commission,
The position exists to manage the public image of ZGC and reports to Public Relations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the developing the overall Public Relations strategies that meets the organisation's objectives.
- Compile Annual Reports.
- Write speeches as relevant.
- Identify cost reduction/ containment measures and process to improve opportunities for the organization without jeopardising quality of ZGC service to all clients and stakeholders.
- Liaise with, and answer enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, often via telephone and email.
- Collate and analyse media coverage of ZGC activities and publications.
- Prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, hand-outs, direct mail leaflets, films and multimedia programmes.
- Organise events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours.
- Undertake the development of public information collateral materials, graphic design and production, and audio-visual production in a variety of media; manage development and maintenance of website and content; manage social media platforms and relationships.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on programs, services and activities of the department.
- Set and agree on all process performance indicators with the Manager to ensure that all processes are being conducted at the required level of performance.
- Monitor and track the actual performance and provide updates to the Manager monthly to ensure feedback and information sharing.
- Identify own training needs and recommend for input into training plans to ensure improved performance).
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Media, Journalism or Public Relations or equivalent.
- Experience in managing media relations (online, broadcast and print).
- 3-4years relevant work experience.
- Information Seeking.
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude.
- Strong communication ability (oral and written).
- Computer Literacy.
- Familiarity with project management software and video editing is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Applications should submit an application letter accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified accademic and professional certificatesApplications should clearly indicate the post being applied for and should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Zimbabwe Gender Commission
1st Floor, Pax House
89 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
Deadline: 14 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Gender Commission
The Zimbabwe Gender Commission was established in terms of Section 245 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe, “hereinafter referred to as the Constitution” and operationalised through the Zimbabwe Gender Commission (ZGC) Act (Chapter 10:31). It;s Mission is to promote and protect gender equality through public education, research, investigations and monitoring.