Records And Information Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post which has arisen within the Zimbabwe Gender Commission. Reports to Human Resources Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and sign for hand delivered mail to acknowledge receipt for tracking purposes and to deliver to intended recipients on time.
- Receive parcels and forwarding them to the internal messenger for delivery to their destination
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and enter into respective register for record keeping and reference purposes.
- Box files according to content to ensure that documents have not been misfiled and for accuracy purposes.
- Develop a filing catalogue to ensure forthe smooth and quick retrieval of documents.
- Receive retention period of files and notify respective personnel if their files have reached a retention period to ensure for informed decisions by management.
- Prepare destruction forms for documents that have reached retention period and ensure that they have been signed by relevant personnel to give a go ahead on the destruction process.
- Raise IPR to purchase relevant material and stationary for use in efficient and effective filing.
- Record documents dispatched and ask for date of return to ensure for accountability purposes.
- Collect returned documents and check if there are any pages missing to look out for theft.
- Produce catalogues quarterly to Heads of Departments highlighting status of documents and records i.e. the description of the document, its retention period to ensure for informed decision by the managers.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 "0" Levels
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Records and information systems or Equivalent.
- 2-3 years' experience.
- Results Focus.
- Customer Service Orientation.
- Resource Management.
- Computer Literacy.
How to Apply
Applications should submit an application letter accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified accademic and professional certificatesApplications should clearly indicate the post being applied for and should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Zimbabwe Gender Commission
1st Floor, Pax House
89 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
Deadline: 14 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Gender Commission
The Zimbabwe Gender Commission was established in terms of Section 245 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe, “hereinafter referred to as the Constitution” and operationalised through the Zimbabwe Gender Commission (ZGC) Act (Chapter 10:31). It;s Mission is to promote and protect gender equality through public education, research, investigations and monitoring.