Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above post.
The Research Midwife will join a range of studies under the Climate and Health Department at CeSHHAR Zimbabwe. The specific duties include the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform systematic observations in maternity wards.
- Conduct ethnographic observations and informal conversations in maternity and neonatal settings.
- Conduct qualitative interviews in clinical and non-clinical settings.
- Identify and enrol pregnant women for various studies.
- Provide guidance on clinical issues/ practice relevant to the research projects.
- Provide mentorship and coaching of other study team members on clinical ethics.
- Any other duties assigned by the project Principal Investigator (PI).
- Ensure cordial relations between the study team and health care workers at the performance sites.
- Review and assess feasibility of study protocols developed in the department.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records on agreed deliverables.
- Reviewing and analysing data during the project.
- Assisting in ensuring efficient and timely analysis of results.
- Provide regular fieldwork updates to the Research Officer.
- Attend scheduled project meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma / BSc in General Nursing.
- A registered general nurse with a Diploma in midwifery or equivalent post qualification training.
- Valid practising certificate.
- At least 3 years proven clinical and research experience.
- Good Clinical Practice in Research Training
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in the areas of managing clients
- Effective verbal and written communications.
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality.
How to Apply
To Apply Complete the Application Form on: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=sDQ_pZ2QfUac_GGXQMo-HUUuLkJQtR9JjdmDECZJzXFUM0Y0VE5USlExWjNZVFNaMEgzRUY2NFVWWi4u
Then Submit your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager and send to: email@example.com.
NB: Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 21 April 2023