Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct observations in a clinical setting /maternity ward.
- Systematically perform electronic observations in a time-motion study characterising health workers’ provision of care during birth.
- Observe the quality of care during birth, including late stages of labour, the delivery and the immediate postpartum period.
- Observe health worker’s workflow and productivity.
- Conduct informal conversations in the maternity ward.
- Conduct in-depth interviews.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator (PI).
- Entering high quality data into the appropriate database.
- Ensure quality record keeping.
- Reviewing and analysing data during the project.
- Ensuring efficient and timely analysis of high-quality results.
- Provide regular fieldwork updates to the Research Officer.
- Attend scheduled project meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Diploma in Nursing. A Bachelor’s degree in nursing will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ research or clinical experience.
- Valid practising certificate.
- A GCP certificate and research ethics training is desirable.
- Good Clinical Practice in Research Training.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in the areas of managing clients.
- Effective verbal and written communications.
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality.
- Experience in ethnographic research projects is an added advantage.
How to Apply
To Apply Complete the Application Form on: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=sDQ_pZ2QfUac_GGXQMo-HUUuLkJQtR9JjdmDECZJzXFUOFpYNVdaUldXOVRJRFoyNFhYWkk3UjJaRy4u
Then Submit your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 21 April 2023