Research Scientist (Harare)
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to fill the above-mentioned post under projects that are implemented within the SRH group of studies at CeSHHAR. The projects within the group are mostly mixed-methods evaluations of strategies to improve uptake of health interventions, such as HIV testing, pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV (PrEP), contraception, and COVID-19 testing. The evaluations entail analysis of program data and qualitative research among individuals who interact with the programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working as part of a team, the Research Scientist will be responsible for overseeing study conduct, data analysis and publication of results.
- The individual will also be expected to work towards becoming an independent researcher by participating in activities such as grant writing and capacity strengthening.
- There is potential for the successful candidate to be offered a joint research position between CeSHHAR and Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.
Qualifications and Experience
- A PhD in Epidemiology, Public Health, or related fields, with at least two years’ experience post PhD qualification
- At least five years’ relevant experience conducting health-related research.
- Demonstrable appreciation/experience with study designs commonly used in implementation research, using both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Ability to conduct statistical analyses using statistical software (STATA, SAS, R)
- Evidence of contributing to peer-reviewed journal articles, with at least three peer reviewed articles published as first author.
- Evidence of (contributing) to competitive research grant writing
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively as part of a research team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Project management experience, including managing research teams
- Computer competency particularly with Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work with people from various socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrable appreciation/understanding of qualitative research methods.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager and send to: email@example.com. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, sexual orientation, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
- The successful candidate will undergo relevant background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the CeSHHAR Zimbabwe safeguarding guidelines.
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 19 May 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
The Centre for Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Research Zimbabwe (CeSHHAR Zimbabwe) was registered as a Trust in January 2012. Previously known as the Regai Dzive Shiri Project, which has operated in Zimbabwe since 1999, CeSHHAR Zimbabwe houses a number of HIV prevention and sexual health research and programmatic projects.
4 Bath Road, Belgravia, Harare