Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Risk identification and assessment with management at departmental level.
- Assisting the Risk Manager in development of key risks and control indicators
- Managing and monitoring the University ‘s insurance portfolio and ensuring adequate insurance coverage for all the university assets and at right values,
- Attending to timeous renewal of insurance policies for the University and staff members,
- Processing insurance claims and assist in third party recovery,
- Providing claims statistics for all policies showing loss ratios and claim experience,
- Assisting in Pre-loss and post-loss risk management surveys and recommending appropriate corrective action,
- Developing and negotiating policy language to address risk and exposures of the institution and review policies for accuracy
- Communicating regularly with insurance companies, beneficiaries, and more to prepare claim forms and other related documentation,
- Reviewing insurance requirements proposed in various leases, client agreements and vendor contracts,
- Assessment of pension and medical aid policies in accordance with institution guidelines and regulations,
- Responsible for recording and documenting the minutes during meetings and disseminating them in a timely manner.
- Providing support in the following areas:
- Developing products and writing reports, including editing and copyediting.
- Developing end-state presentation materials.
- Writing a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document.
Qualifications and Experience
- Risk Management Degree or equivalent.
- At least one year experience in the risk management section.
- Computer proficiency.
- Honest, reliable and good communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to. Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 24 March 2023