Risk Clerk (Bursary Department)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above post. This position works with and supports the University Risk Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of University Risk Registers & ensuring departments have updated registers.
- Monitor the progress of risk mitigation activities.
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual risk management reports.
- Helps to close out on audit observations.
- Administration of University Insurance Portfolio.
- Create reports and anticipate the losses of certain business decisions.
- Make recommendations to reduce risk, including diversification, portfolio investment and currency exchanges on various University projects.
- Helps provide flexibility and control while minimizing risks and liabilities to the University.
- Analysis of University investments and alternative investment options.
- Protect the institution from loss; develop and coordinate activities and programs that are designed to promote accountability; help identify and minimize risk of all types; and
- Strengthen effectiveness and efficiency of controls.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have at least five (5) “O” Level passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Risk Management / Insurance/Economics or a recognizable business degree.
- Risk or Insurance qualifications and certifications are an added advantage.
- Must have a high level of written and oral communication skills as well as strong knowledge of business processes.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively prioritise and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong ability to work effectively in a team and to communicate verbally and in writing with both external and internal customers.
- At least one (1) year post qualification experience in risk management position.
- Have good planning, organizational and controlling skills.
- Be able to plan, manage and coordinate events.
- Be highly competent in Information Technology.
- Be mature, hardworking, reliable and well groomed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
Deadline: 20 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE)
Bindura University of Science Education is a Zimbabwean university offering courses within the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, Science Education, Commerce and Social Sciences.
Address: 741 Chimurenga road, Bindura