Safety, Health & Environmental Officer
The main function of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management Officer is ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety, social and environmental laws, procedures, guidelines and specifications and to provide advice on measures needed to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations on construction sites. The role involves minimizing the safety risks of all customers, employees and members of the public through the maintenance of sound safety, quality and environment policies, programs and practices. The post is statutory in organizations involved in construction projects and the Officer reports to the Director.
Department: Physical Planning And Construction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a well-informed occupational health and safety management system for each project site and advise the Director.
- Ensure contractor’s personnel working on the property are in compliance with SHEM policies and safety requirements.
- Maintaining and updating as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day today training.
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and lead the Safety Committee for the operation.
- Manage and ensure environmental health and safety compliance of the organization.
- Providing advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all company policies and procedures;
- Promote emergency preparedness and ensure effective post disaster recovery.
- Ensure accident compensation requirements are well managed.
- Assist in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure.
- Manage staff through implementing the performance management system and using it as fully as possible.
- Ensure compliance with internal staff regulations and Human Resources related
- legislation, Counsel and discipline staff if required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree in Safety, Health & Environmental Management.
- Three (3) years post qualification experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
Deadline: 20 March 2023. Generate a Whatsapp Message
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE)
Bindura University of Science Education is a Zimbabwean university offering courses within the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, Science Education, Commerce and Social Sciences.
Address: 741 Chimurenga road, Bindura