The National Gallery of Zimbabwe is seeking a highly skilled, adaptable, and reliable Sales and Marketing Officer to help take the Gallery to the next level. In this position, you will be part of a dynamic team of professionals who plan and implement our sales, marketing, and advertising activities. You should be familiar with market analysis and research, the Gallery’s products and services promotion, and anticipation of customer behavior and market trends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, implementing and managing marketing strategy based on organizational goals for promoting and supporting NGZ activities.
- Managing the day to day marketing portfolio.
- Drawing up quarterly and yearly marketing plans; to promote NGZ curatorial services and events nationally and internationally.
- Managing marketing campaigns including.
- digital marketing, advertising, direct, online and social media marketing in collaboration with the PR and Info Officer and IT department in updating institutional website.
- Reviewing and improving the institution’s brand through researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans, understanding consumer requirements, identifying market trends and suggesting system improvements to achieve the NGZ marketing goals.-0
- Preparing and facilitating internal management and marketing skills training sessions for employees ;reviewing and revising the retail strategy through the use of information technology for profitability and quality assurance and introducing new products and product line extensions
- Preparing marketing and sales budgets.
- Developing tactical sales management plans to achieve product variety and profitability
- Developing communication strategies and liaising with stakeholders.
- Handling and resolving customer complaints, stock management and managing export saless
- Managing and analyzing sales data and producing analytical monthly sales reports; managing supplier and client relationships.
- Organizing and participating in organizational promotional events ;develop strategies to retain and attract new visitors to the NGZ.
- Identifying, developing and fostering strategic partnerships with various stakeholders, private sector, institutional and curatorial to support programming to enhance and maximize business opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience
- The person must be a passionate marketer and creative thinker to manage innovative marketing campaigns.
- Should be an excellent communicator with great negotiation and organizational skills.
- Should have a flair for art, culture and design.
- Has high level of internet and computer literacy with competence in MS Word, Windows, Power Point, Office Outlook.
- Has proven experience in analysis statistical research data to inform marketing strategy.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree/HND in Marketing or Business Administration; IMM or CIM.
- Must have 3-5 years' experience in marketing.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
The Executive Director
National Gallery of Zimbabw
20 Julius Nyerere Wa
P O Box CY848
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31 March 2023