Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the post above. The Security Guards will report to the Campus Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safeguarding students, staff and visitors to University premises.
- Guarding property against fire, damage, theft, or other hazards through physical patrolling of the premises.
- Observing signs of crime or disorder and investigating disturbances.
- Acting lawfully in direct defense of life and property.
- Apprehending criminals and evicting violators.
- Monitoring and controlling access at building entrances and vehicle gates and assisting with on campus directions.
- Monitoring assigned areas for possible violation of policies, regulations, and rules of conduct on the University premises.
- Identifying and reporting unusual, suspicious, or hazardous situations.
- Providing information and assistance to the public.
- Operating and maintaining security equipment.
- Producing and maintaining related records and reports.
- Performing any other related tasks that may be assigned by the Campus Administrator from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 O’ level passes including English Language.
- A Certificate in Security Guard Training from a reputable organisation.
- At least one year relevant experience as Security Guard in a reputable organisation.
- Experience in the National Security organs such as the Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP), Zimbabwe National Army (ZNA) or Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Service (ZPCS) would be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- Good understanding of legal guidelines for security and public safety.
- Physical fitness.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should hand deliver 6 sets of applications with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications including transcripts to:
Women’s University in Africa, Mutare Campus
at Mutare Teachers College
81 Chimanimani Road
Deadline: 28 March 2023