Security Operations Centre Analyst (Harare)
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for the role of Security Operations Centre Analyst within the Group IT division of CBZ Holdings. If you want to join a team of energetic and passionate professionals, this is your opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploy security monitoring technologies.
- Ensure availability of Security Operations Centre infrastructure and services.
- Perform day to day log analysis on event management systems.
- Monitor, analyze and respond to security events from Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Intrusion Prevention System, Antivirus, and other security data sources using the SIEM solution.
- Monitor the organization's IT infrastructure including monitoring security systems, apps, and networks for anomalies
- Detect, assess, and mitigate security threats.
- Investigate and prevent suspicious activities, and use the information gathered to create alert rules and logic to detect future suspicious events.
- Resolve security tickets logged on Manage Engine Helpdesk system.
- Monitor, communicate, and track the status of issues detected by the SOC infrastructure.
- Monitor and track remediation plans and exceptions and perform follow-up procedures.
- Document weekly reports and communicate status on tracking of incidents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Industry recognized security qualifications such as CISSP, Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate, Certified SOC Analyst, Certified Ethical Hacker, CompTIA Security+.
- 3 Years’ experience in IT security areas such as SOC operations, security architecture, security operations, threat/vulnerability management, application security, data governance.
- Good understanding and experience of SOC related systems.
- Knowledge of information security principles, practices and the threat landscape, and familiarity with information security frameworks, such as CIS Top 20, OWASP, ISO27001:2022, COBIT.
- Knowledge of security and auditing in relation to technology platforms such as Microsoft Active Directory, UNIX/Linux, Network Security, Databases.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, you are the ideal person we are looking for. Use link to apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3639755164/?alternateChannel=search&refId=cvzeTUE%2BBp6gIG66Tqmt5A%3D%3D&trackingId=OGRJV4bAzrsp71HR6MtW9Q%3D%3D
Deadline: 26 June 2023
CBZ Holdings Limited
CBZ Holdings, whose full name is CBZ Holdings Limited, is a financial services conglomerate in Zimbabwe. It owns subsidiaries in banking, insurance, investments, wealth management, mortgages and retail finance.
The flagship business of the Group, CBZ Bank Limited, was founded in 1980. It was taken over by the Government of Zimbabwe in 1991, to avert looming liquidation and was renamed Commercial Bank of Zimbabwe Limited. The company was listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange in 1998. In 2005, the company rebranded, creating CBZ Bank as the main business and CBZ Holdings Limited as the holding company.