Senior Kindergarten Teacher
The role ensures supervision and guidance to enable quality early childhood education of learners. This role is a fixed term position based in at Hermann Gmeiner Group of Schools Bulawayo Kindergarten.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class;
- Managing Learner-teacher Friendly School Environment
- Reports to the School Head through their immediate supervisors.
- Prepares the schemes of work, lesson plans and teaching media to guide and facilitate the teaching-learning processes.
- Marks the learners’ written exercises and tests assigned to the learners to assess the learner’s performance and progress.
- Offers remedial and extension work to learners with different learning styles and levels.
- Provides counselling services to the learners in his/her class.
- Maintains the class inventory of furniture, textbooks and other teaching-learning materials.
- Responsible for profiling learners; and l draws the class timetable in consultation with the Teacher in Charge.
- Delivers lessons, facilitates class discussions and activities, assigns oral, written exercises, practical activities and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching/learning processes.
- Assesses the learners’ performance in academic, practical, sporting and other activities.
- Prepares, maintains and updates various teaching records including the class register.
- Promotes learner discipline.
- Participates in co-curricular activities through coaching and supervising the learners.
- Initiates and develops a classroom disaster risk management plan.
- Liaises and Interacts with the parents/guardians on issues concerning the learner.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 ‘O’ Levels including Maths and English; Certificate /Diploma in ECD.
- At least 8 years of teaching experience with at least 2 or more years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor of Education Degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
- Computer Literacy.
- Team Player.
- Good written and Verbal communication Skills.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates. Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position and location you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given. Please not applications will be screened as they come in and suitable candidates will be shortlisted for selection process. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to value congruence and background checks, police clearance and reference checks.
Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
NB: Applications that are late, do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 19 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
SOS Children's Villages Zimbabwe
Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children's Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International - a worldwide children's social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.