SIE & Research Assistant
Under the Target, Accelarate and Sustain Quality Care (TASQC) for HIV Epidemic Control program, the SIE assistant will work at the central office in the SIE department and will be at the intersection of providing research and data analytics support and process support to the SIE team. The responsibilities will cut across departments and will involve supporting the Central and Field SIE teams in processing SIE related packages at central office, providing data analytics support to both the evidence and research teams and data analytics teams. The individual must be a team player who is able to provide key support to the SIE team. Reporting to: Data Analytics Manager & the Evidence, Research & Learning Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
Data Analytics & Research Support
- Under the guidance of the Data Analytics Manager, carry out data cleaning, data quality review for data submitted from the TASQC programme as part of SIE reporting.
- Provide statistical analysis and generate information packages for review by the Data Analytics Manager.
- Review completeness of submissions of community datasets (daily, weekly, and monthly) and advise the team.
- Clean, transform, and load routine program data into TASQC performance dashboards.
- Review data entry into DHIS2 and provide data quality feedback to the teams.
- Mine data from the TASQC programme and identify trends and patterns to inform programming.
- Compile the weekly Facility Activity Tracker.
- Under guidance of the Evidence Research & Learning Manager, support with development of deep dive concept notes, related data collection tools and coordination of field data collection.
- Assist with data cleaning and prompt feedback to data collection teams in order to ensure accurate, complete and meaningful data is collected for all rapid assessments, deep dives and studies..
- Assist with conducting of advanced statistical data analysis of patient-level data collected through deep dives such as multivariate regression modelling using software such as Stata, Epi Info or R.
- Assist with producing data visualizations and summary findings for presentation through PowerPoint and conference abstracts or through poster presentations.
SIE implementation Processes Support
- Review SIE payment packages submissions and provide feedback to field teams; Process Central Office SIE Meetings and other activities requests; Follow up with procurement and finance for SIE related packages; Capturing SIE management meetings notes.
Qualifications and Experience
- A quantitative bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, M&E AND a completed program in health sciences/public health/HIV programs, OR.
- A bachelor’s degree in public health, health sciences, operations research AND a completed program in a quantitative area (M&E, biostatistics).
- A master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, M&E or similar will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years’ experience and demonstrated practical skills in monitoring HIV and AIDS, TB, care and support programs.
- Knowledge of data collection tools such as EpiData, RedCap, Epi Info, Open Data Kit (ODK), EpiCollect5 and/or CommCare.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of quantitative data collection systems in the MoHCC, including familiarity with processes of strengthening district level M&E capacity, and data analysis using Advanced Excel, SAS, SPSS, STATA, R, Epi-Info, EpiData, or any other data analysis software.
- Demonstrate data visualization or data storytelling skills using Microsoft Excel, Power BI, or other relevant software.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large aggregate and patient-level datasets.
How to Apply
Deadline: 07 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
OPHID is a Zimbabwean organization that develops & implements approaches towards the provision of quality HIV prevention, care & treatment services.
Address: 20 Cork Rd, Harare
Phone: (024) 2700607