Systems Engineer (OMAO)
This role is individually accountable for supporting the smooth running of the production applications and infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up, develop, maintain, document and enforce system standards.
- Design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment.
- Maximise infrastructure performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Undertake infrastructure fault investigations in local and wide area environments.
- Secure infrastructure systems by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- Report infrastructure operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects.
- Upgrade and patching infrastructure equipment to the latest releases
- Provide 24/7 remote support to on-site/off-site engineers and end users/customers.
- Undertake capacity management and audit of infrastructure devices in the offices and within data centres.
- Liaise with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis.
- Configure and deployment of web services.
- Configure user workstations and managing infrastructure inventory.
- Administer of Unix/Linux and Windows systems.
- Management of the core banking platform and sub-systems.
- Creation, deployment and maintenance of banking environments and services.
- Implementation and management of AWS infrastructure and integrations.
- Provide disaster recovery capabilities for all critical platforms and applications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree (B), Diploma (Dip).
- Accountable, Capacity Management, Disaster Recovery (DR), End Users, Infrastructure Management (IM), Linux, Project Management, Teamwork, Unix.
How to Apply
Deadline: 15 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Old Mutual Zimbabwe
Old Mutual is a premium African financial services organisation that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments. The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending.