Technician Network Surveillance
To perform network surveillance and conduct initial service restoration procedures before escalating to 2nd level support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs shift handover/takeover procedures and routines.
- Monitors all real-time faults reported by network nodes through network management systems.
- Creates and dispatches Tickets to various functions in the business.
- Track handling SLA compliance of faults and tickets dispatched to handlers.
- Receives cleared Tickets and follows up resolved Tickets for closure.
- Escalates/assigns unresolved faults to 2nd Level Support functions.
- Performs initial diagnosis and restoration of network elements through remote maintenance using the Known Error Database information.
- Provides regular network updates and broadcasts to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide key reports (e.g., DCTA reports, Critical incidents, Availability reports) to stakeholders.
- Submits inputs for weekly, monthly, annual and ad-hoc reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
- Diploma (two years) in Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link:
Deadline: 16 March 2023
Econet Wireless Zimbabwe
Econet Wireless Zimbabwe Limited is the largest mobile telecommunications, technology and digital solutions company in Zimbabwe.
Now among the top three heavyweight counters, the company was listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange (ZSE) in September 1998, less than three months after launching its commercial operations in July 1998.