Web Development Mentor x3
The Web Development Mentor is responsible for teaching Front-end Web Development. The position incumbent will create courses, conduct training classes in both English and local language (s), provide one-to-one support to the students and children enrolled in our programs.
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated to help others to learn and succeed in life. These will be based on any of our 3 Program
- Locations: Bindura, Bulawayo and Harare - Waterfalls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and update courses in both English and local language.
- Conduct training classes both online and also in-person at our program locations.
- Provide live one-to-one support to students and children by utilizing various online communication tools.
- Hosting live webinars, seminars and Q/A sessions for students.
- Work as a support mentor to help students with assignments and tasks.
- Create gamified elements and host competitions to encourage student engagement.
- Evaluate student assignments and provide constructive feedback for improvement.
- Actively participate in scheduled internal weekly, monthly and annual meetings, preparing in advance to share relevant and beneficial information.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years proven experience as a Front-end Web Developer.
- Proven experience with HTML, CSS, JS, Jquery, React, Node.
- Experience using Elementor page builder in Wordpress and Woocommerce in creating
- Ecommerce websites.
- Well versed in converting designs from Figam and XD into responsive websites
- Must have a verifiable portfolio of work.
- Freelancing experience in marketplaces like Upwork, Fiverr, PPH, etc will be given preference.
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications.
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies.
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks with overlapping goals and objectives.
- Adaptable and flexible; responsive and resourceful in a fast-paced, quick-turn business model.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Mentoring experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- An innovative and forward-thinking mindset and enthusiastically take on many responsibilities towards their growth in this position.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, within and outside the organisation, develop effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results.
- Demonstrates initiative and enterprise and supports others to work more effectively
- Understands and SOS CV social, ethical and organisational standards and responsibilities in all interactions
- Willingness to travel to and be posted in any of the three SOS program locations according to programming requirements.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and program activity locations. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of academic certificates.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the position being applied to in the subject line of the email.
Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
Candidates can indicate their preferred program location, however you should be willing to placed and work in any of the SOS Programme Locations.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
Deadline: 14 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
SOS Children's Villages Zimbabwe
Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children's Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International - a worldwide children's social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.