x18 Administrative Assistants (Grade: 10)
MANDATE OF APPOINTING OFFICERS OF PARLIAMENT
Section 154 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe stipulates that the Clerk of Parliament and other Staff of Parliament are appointed on terms of conditions of service approved from time to time, by the Committee on Standing Rules and Orders (CSRO) and are Public Officers, distinct and separate from the Civil Service. These appointments are on an open, performance based contracts subject to the provisions of the Officers of Parliament (Terms of Service) Regulations, 2018, as amended from time to time.
Applications are, therefore, invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens below the age of fifty (50), with a clean disciplinary / criminal record, to fill the above vacant position. Candidates who applied for this position in 2022 should not apply.
Reports To: Records & Information Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Types documents on request Compiles the running file and circulates it to Members of Management.
- Maintains remittance and postage stamps registers.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail.
- Carries out Registry functions of filing and issuing out files to officers.
- Operates switchboard in the absence of switch-board operators.
- Provides relief secretarial services.
- Performs any other duties ‘as maybe assigned from time to time by the Records and Information Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- A National Diploma in Secretarial Studies (HEXCO/IAC).
- 5 "0" level subjects or better including English Language.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Extensive user experience with MS Office packages.
How to Apply
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified educational and professional certificates, a motivation letter and three contactable referees, clearly showing which job is being applied for, should be hand-delivered and / or sent to:
The Clerk of Parliament
Corner Third Street & Nelson Mandela Avenue
P.O. Box CY 298
Alternatively submissions can be e-mailed to: email@example.com. Canvassing and CV fraud will lead to automatic disqualification.
NB: Parliament of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, with the requisite experience, are strongly encouraged to apply. In return, Parliament of Zimbabwe offers a comparatively competitive remuneration package which will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Deadline: 17 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Parliament of Zimbabwe
The Parliament of Zimbabwe is the bicameral legislature of Zimbabwe composed of the Senate and the National Assembly. The Senate is the upper house, and consists of 80 members, 60 of whom are elected by proportional representation from ten six-member constituencies corresponding to the country's provinces.