x2 District Field Officers (9 Months)
Zimbabwe Red Cross Society is looking for experienced personnel to fill the role of a District Field Officer for an IFRC- USAID BHA Project (RCCE). The project seeks to improve the uptake of Covid -19 vaccination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly implement in the field the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
- Work with community committees to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable population and provide information to ensure accountability fairness and transparency during implementation of activities.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of planned community activities.
- Participate in the training and education of beneficiaries according to the project requirements;
- Facilitate provision of technical advice for the implementation of activities.
- Collect the required information in the field to facilitate the follow up of the project, with the support of the Project Coordinator.
- Facilitate the evaluation of the project in the field, as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Disaster Management, Development Studies, Social Sciences or any other related field from a recognized institution of learning.
- 2 years of relevant experience in community development focusing on public health, project monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning.
- The incumbent must demonstrate experience of working with communities.
- Familiarity in using data collection tools (ODK, KoBo, Excel).
- Skills in conducting training and other capacity building activities.
- Strong time and task management skills.
- Flexibility and ability.
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Actively participate in assessments.
- Produce project activity reports as per reporting schedule or when needed.
- Report any changes in the context to allow for timely changes in the project activities
How to Apply
Apply to The Secretary General on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Red Cross Society
The Zimbabwe Red Cross Society, a member of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, is a voluntary organisation whose aim is to alleviate the suffering of the most vulnerable communities. It is an auxiliary to government as mandated through the Zimbabwe Red Cross Society Act of Parliament No 30 of 1981 also known as Chapter 17.08. It has branches throughout the country and is part of the global Red Cross movement present in 189 countries. Orphans and Vulnerable Children, the elderly, the chronically ill, the HIV infected and affected, the elderly and widowed and the generally disadvantaged members of the community make up our beneficiary list. As a disaster relief organisation, the ZRCS is also a member of the civil protection unit (CPU) and it responds to both natural and manmade disasters.
Address: 10 St Annes Road, Avondale, Harare