x2 Librarian (Grade: 8)
MANDATE OF APPOINTING OFFICERS OF PARLIAMENT
Section 154 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe stipulates that the Clerk of Parliament and other Staff of Parliament are appointed on terms of conditions of service approved from time to time, by the Committee on Standing Rules and Orders (CSRO) and are Public Officers, distinct and separate from the Civil Service. These appointments are on an open, performance based contracts subject to the provisions of the Officers of Parliament (Terms of Service) Regulations, 2018, as amended from time to time.
Applications are, therefore, invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens below the age of fifty (50), with a clean disciplinary / criminal record, to fill the above vacant position.
Reports To: Director - Library Services Location Library.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in formulation of library policies, direction and planning of library services.
- Keeps annotated statute law and subsidiary legislation.
- Maintains CDS/ISIS database on books, newspaper articles and indexes to law reports, Government gazettes etc.
- Maintains exchange agreements of library with local and international organizations.
- Maintains contacts with subscription agents, booksellers and Publishers;
- Recommends books and other materials to be acquired and compiles the quarterly acquisition list.
- Considers applications for use of the library.
- Accessions and processes library materials.
- Advises readers seeking information.
- Delivers lectures on Information Literacy Skills to enable Members of Parliament to carry out research on subjects of interest.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Library and Information Science.
- Excellent research and records management skills.
- Assertiveness and good communication skills.
- Knowledge of KOHA Integrated Management System is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Highly computer literacy.
How to Apply
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified educational and professional certificates, a motivation letter and three contactable referees, clearly showing which job is being applied for, should be hand-delivered and / or sent to:
The Clerk of Parliament
Corner Third Street & Nelson Mandela Avenue
P.O. Box CY 298
Alternatively submissions can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Canvassing and CV fraud will lead to automatic disqualification.
NB: Parliament of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, with the requisite experience, are strongly encouraged to apply. In return, Parliament of Zimbabwe offers a comparatively competitive remuneration package which will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Deadline: 17 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Parliament of Zimbabwe
The Parliament of Zimbabwe is the bicameral legislature of Zimbabwe composed of the Senate and the National Assembly. The Senate is the upper house, and consists of 80 members, 60 of whom are elected by proportional representation from ten six-member constituencies corresponding to the country's provinces.