x6 Trainee Hansard Reporters (Grade: 10)
MANDATE OF APPOINTING OFFICERS OF PARLIAMENT
Section 154 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe stipulates that the Clerk of Parliament and other Staff of Parliament are appointed on terms of conditions of service approved from time to time, by the Committee on Standing Rules and Orders (CSRO) and are Public Officers, distinct and separate from the Civil Service. These appointments are on an open, performance based contracts subject to the provisions of the Officers of Parliament (Terms of Service) Regulations, 2018, as amended from time to time.
Applications are, therefore, invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens below the age of fifty (50), with a clean disciplinary / criminal record, to fill the above vacant position. Candidates who applied for this position in 2022 should not apply.
Reports To: Director Hansard.
Duties and Responsibilities
Training will focus on the following subject areas:
- Parliamentary reporting and practice.
- English and sub-editing.
- Parliamentary procedures.
- Parliamentary terminology (terms)
- Records management.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Director Hansard
Qualifications and Experience
- A Higher or National Diploma in Secretarial Studies.
- At least 5 "0" Levels including English Language and Accounts / Maths.
- Excellent command of English.
- Knowledge of current ,affairs.
- Typing speed (50 w. p.m.)
- High level computer literacy.
- Audio Typing.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Experience in shorthand is a distinct advantage.
- Able to work under pressure in a team environment.
How to Apply
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified educational and professional certificates, a motivation letter and three contactable referees, clearly showing which job is being applied for, should be hand-delivered and / or sent to:
The Clerk of Parliament
Corner Third Street & Nelson Mandela Avenue
P.O. Box CY 298
Alternatively submissions can be e-mailed to: email@example.com. Canvassing and CV fraud will lead to automatic disqualification.
NB: Parliament of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, with the requisite experience, are strongly encouraged to apply. In return, Parliament of Zimbabwe offers a comparatively competitive remuneration package which will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Deadline: 17 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Parliament of Zimbabwe
The Parliament of Zimbabwe is the bicameral legislature of Zimbabwe composed of the Senate and the National Assembly. The Senate is the upper house, and consists of 80 members, 60 of whom are elected by proportional representation from ten six-member constituencies corresponding to the country's provinces.