This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Born||Keith Never Guzah|
|Known for||ZANU-PF Politician, AAG President|
Keith Guzah is an empowerment activist, politician and businessman from the ruling ZANU-PF party. He is currently the Member of Parliament for Hurungwe West Constituency as well as the acting Mashonaland West provincial chairman. He is also a former President of the Affirmative Action Group (AAG).
Guzah started his political career with the Affirmative Action Group (AAG) representing the Mashonaland West Province. During his reign as AAG chairperson, Guzah advocated for the empowerment of locals through various initiatives. Working for an indigenisation group, Guzah had good links with the ZANU-PF leaders in the province and this resulted in him rising with the ranks to become a member of the provincial executive. In 2015, Guzah successfully won the ZANU-PF primary elections to contest for the vacant Hurungwe West Parliamentary Seat. In the by-election which was held in June 2015, Guzah won the election against former ZANU-PF MP Temba Mliswa.
Earlier in 2013, Guzah had contested and lost the ZANU-PF primaries for Magunje Constituency. He however lost the election. After ZANU-PF Congress of 2014, Guzah was elevated to the position of ZANU-PF provincial chairperson. In the AAG, Guzah was elevated from the position of regional president to president of the AAG.
Career with Dynamos
Foreign Currency Dealings
In 2003, Guzah was arraigned before the police for illegally dealing with foreign currency. This was at time when Zimbabwe was still using the Zimbabwean dollars before the adoption of a multi-currency economic system. He was charged by the Harare Magistrate Court for contravening the Exchange Control Act with amounts valued at $130 million.
Feud With Themba Mliswa
After the June 2015 by-elections, Themba Mliswa who was competing against Guzah for the seat made accusations that the latter was a convicted criminal who did not deserve to be elected into parliament in line with the constitution. Mliswa claimed that Guzah had previously committed crimes using the name Never Phiri. Mliswa went on to aliken Guzah to Uebert Angel, labelling as a car thief who changes names to hide his past convictions.
Latest Articles Created on Pindula
- Kudzai Chipanga
- G40 Faction
- Zanu-PF Million Man March 2016
- This Flag Campaign
- Evan Mawarire
- Tafadzwa Musarara
- Joseph Madziyire
- Chicken Inn Football Club
- Alexander Johnson
- , Zimbabwe: Guzha Faces Charges of Dealing in Forex Illegally,The Herald, retrieved:12 Jun 2015"
- , Hurungwe West candidate accused of voter intimidation,The Zimbabwean, published:14 May 2015,retrieved:12 Jun 2015"
- , AAG President Guzah Vies For Mliswa,Newsday, published:27 Maar 2015,retrieved:6 Jun 2015"
- E. Muchinjo, Dynamos audit complete as Guzah slams ‘trio’,Zimbabwe Independent, published:2 July 2004,retrieved:12 Jun 2015"
- , Guzah Is a Car Thief Who Changed Name Like Uebert Angel: Mliswa,Top News, published:26 Jun 2015 ,retrieved:30 Jun 2015"