He was born on the 5th of October 1963 in the Mutambara area of Chimanimani. He is the last born in a family of 12.
He holds a Doctorate in Philosophy (PHd) in Business Administration from Washington International University, a Bachelor of Science in Economics and a Master of Science degree in Economics from the University of Zimbabwe (UZ).
- Managing Director, Executive Director and Member of Board Audit Committee
- Member of Board Nominations Committee
- Member of Board Remuneration & Termination Benefits Committee
- Member of Board Corporate Governance Committee
- Member of Board Lending Committee
- Member of Main Board Committee
- Member of Asset & Liability Management Committee
- Member of Board Loans Review Committee
- Member of Board Risk Committee 
- RBZ economist (986 - 1996).
- African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) Regional manager in charge of Southern Africa(1996 - 1999)
- 2000 to March 2014 CBZ:
- General manager (international banking) (2000 - 2004)
- Executive director (corporate and merchant banking) (2004 - 2006)
- Managing director (2006 - 2012)
- Group chief executive officer (2012 - March 2014)
- Former Bankers’ Association of Zimbabwe president.
Mangudya, like his predecessor called for a cautious approach to the indigenisation policy. He said there was need to balance indigenisation and need to attract foreign investment. He was quoted as saying 'Zimbabwe needs discipline enough to find an equilibrium position or a point of harmony between the need to promote indigenisation and the need for foreign direct investment and the ability to synchronise the two.