Heavy Rains In Excess Of 30mm Still Possible Countrywide This Weekend - MSD
The Meteriology Sercives Deaprtment has warned Zimbabweans in various parts of the country that heavy rains in excess of 30mm is still possible today and tomorrow.
This was revealed in a focast that stated that some part of the country like Seke and Goromonzi received 38mm and 29mm respectivelly:
The warm and humid conditions currently affecting the country resulted in cloudiness with rain and outbreaks of thunderstorms yesterday, Wednesday 15 November. The rains were generally light, except in areas such as Seke (38 mm), Tarisa Park Goromonzi (29 mm), Marondera (27 mm), Sanyati (26 mm), Henderson (23 mm), Kwekwe (21 mm), Tsholotsho (20 mm) and Chinhoyi (20 mm).Feedback
ALL AREAS It should be mostly cloudy and warm with rain-showers that may be thundery in places. Localized heavier falls in excess of 30mm remain probable especially over high ground. Mild conditions are expected overnight.
MSD also warned people and said:
Usanetseke neNetOne airtime.
Baya *405# utenge neEcoCash
- Flooded rivers remain a potential hazard; even if it has not rained heavily in the area, heavy rains may have occurred upstream.
- Flash flooding is also a high potential as soils in most areas have become saturated
- Heavy downpours may reduce visibility and flood dangers become difficult to perceive during heavy rains
- Lightning remains a potential threat to human life.
- Avoid crossing flooded rivers and swollen streams whether on foot or in a vehicle, as just 30 cm depth of flowing water is enough to sweep away a vehicle.
- When Thunder Roars, it is best to be indoors! Do not shelter under trees or in isolated sheds
- Keep away from metal equipment and pipes, as these are prone to lightning strikes.
- Do not ride at the back of an open truck or drive a tractor during a storm,
- Avoid driving when visibility is poor, more so at night and during heavy rains.
- Ensure drainage systems are kept clean to allow water to flow away from residential areas.
- Ensure rooftops are strongly secured and intact as the potential of wind gust is high.
- Do not park vehicles under trees as water-soaked branched tend to collapse without warning.
- Stay Weather-Ready and Environment-Safe.
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals