Kadewere Misses Out On Uefa Champions League
France-based Zimbabwean international striker Tinotenda Kadewere has missed out on a Champions League slot after his side Lyon suffered a 2-3 defeat to ninth-placed Nice on Sunday night.
With Ligue 1 champions Lille and PSG claiming the two tickets for the premier European club tournament, Monaco, who finished third on 78 points, two clear of Lyon, will compete in the Champions League play-offs.
Kadewere and mates needed a victory to qualify for the Champions League since Monaco had played to a goalless draw with Lens.
The former Harare City star, who missed out on the last two matches due to a muscle injury, will now compete in the less prestigious Uefa Europa Cup.
The Zimbabwean striker, started his debut Ligue 1 season on fire, scoring seven goals between October and December, but injuries affected his form.
Usanetseke neNetOne airtime.
Baya *405# utenge neEcoCash
Meanwhile, Zimbabwean midfielder Marshal Munetsi, who also plays in the French top tier was not included in the Reims matchday squad for the last match of the season.
Reims lost 1-0 to Bordeaux to finish in 14th place.
- Kadewere Donates Jerseys To Harare City, Reveals Plans To Build Modern Football Facility
- Tino Kadewere Donates To Harare City Frontline Workers
- Tino Kadewere Could Play At Real Madrid Or Barcelona – Ex-Club
- Tino Kadewere Reacts To Benzema’s Motivational Tweet
- WATCH: Tino Kadewere Scores Another Brace For Lyon
- Kadewere Appointed Zimbabwe Tourism Ambassador