HomeArts and Entertainment

Stand-up Comedian Clive Chigubhu Dies

1 year agoWed, 27 Apr 2022 06:44:24 GMT
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Stand-up Comedian Clive Chigubhu Dies

Local stand-up comedian Clive Chigubhu has died after a protracted battle with Diffuse Large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL), a type of cancer.

Chigubhu’s death was confirmed by his uncle Prince Mboweni, who also revealed that Clive passed away on Wednesday, 27 April in the morning. He said:

It’s a sad period for our family as we mourn the passing of Clive Chigubhu who passed away at home this morning around 5 am.

He had just come from the doctor on Monday and had started his treatment.

Citizens’ Coalition for Change (CCC) interim spokesperson Fadzayi Mahere expressed her sorrow over the death of the comedian through a post on Twitter. Wrote Mahere:

itel A70 -
(128GB, 3GB RAM) $89,
itel A70 - (256GB, 4GB RAM) $99
itel P40
(128GB, 4GB), (6000mAh) $99
itel P40
(64GB, 4G), (6000mAh) $93
Cash on Delivery in Harare & Bulawayo. Tinotumira kwamuri inosvika.

WhatsApp: 0783 450 793

I’m so sad to learn of the passing of Clive Chigubhu. He was a beautiful, hilarious soul.

Thank you for the laughs, champ. Sending sincere condolences to his family and loved ones. Gone too soon.

In a recent appeal for help, Chigubhu revealed that he was struggling to walk, talk and breath. He said:

In late September, my nose got blocked after I suffered from a really painful ear. At the time I thought it was the usual flue. I steamed but I couldn’t clear the blocked nasal passage.

In November, I had a sore throat which affected my voice and because of that, I ended up doing fewer wedding performances due to the strain in my vocal and nasal areas.

In January, someone advised me to go to an ENT physician (ear, nose, and throat doctor) who can be found in at United Bulawayo Hospitals (UBH) and can only be seen on Fridays.

The process of having an appointment with him was time-consuming and it took a considerable amount of time to finally see him and begin the process of diagnosis.

I was admitted to the hospital for sample extraction. The first test detected cancer and further tests were recommended and after some considerable time the final tests came out and I was diagnosed with DLBCL.

Up to now, I’m still in the process of seeking treatment and I’m deeply worried because I haven’t received any treatment due to the slow processes in the system and also financial constraints.

This is happening while this cancer is still spreading.

More: Pindula News, The Sunday News



Leave a Comment

Generate a Whatsapp Message

Buy Phones on Credit.

More Deals