The Herald is a government-owned daily newspaper published under the Zimbabwe Newspapers (Zim Papers) stable in Harare. It is also the country's oldest newspaper still in print.
Named the Mashonaland Herald, the newspaper was launched by Willliam Fairbrigde in 1891 for the Argus Group of South Africa. After the country attained independence, the government bought the paper from the Argus group. In October 1982 the paper changed its name to Rhodesian Herald.
Its first black editor was Willie Musarurwa.
- Joram Nyathi, December 2018 - current
- Ceaser Zvayi, October 2013 - December 2018
- Innocent Gore, July 2012 to October 2013.
- Ray Mungoshi, 15 September 2000 - 14 March 2001
- Bornwell Chakaodza, 1998 - September 2000
- Willie Musarurwa
The Zimbabwe All Media Products Survey (ZAMPS) of 2011 and 2012 ranked the paper as the most widely read with 916 714 and 799 950 (31 per cent) readers respectively.
Today's Top Pindula News2019-01-15T08:40:57Z
- Herald Newspaper Information
- The Herald Most Complete, Balanced Newspaper - Survey