Chief Executive Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above vacancy within Rural Electrification Fund.
It is against this background that the Fund hereby seeks the services of a Chief Executive Officer with proven leadership skills and business acumen to lead the Fund and its subsidiary company, Hotspeck Enterprises, by performing inter alia, the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement approved REF policies and strategic plans.
- Oversee the functionality of the organizational structure.
- Identify and engage strategic partners with the approval of the Board.
- Ensure good corporate governance and compliance to all legislation.
- Sit on the Rural Electrification Fund Board as an ex-officio member.
- Represent REF at Government functions and meetings.
- Ensure an integrated approach to rural energisation with other key stakeholders in the execution of the mandate with the approval of the Board.
- Ensure the generation and distribution of energy from renewable energy sources.
- Ensure generation of revenue and manage expenditure for the organization as per approved budget.
- Present funding proposals and strategies to the Board for approval.
- Ensure effective management of staff through effective performance management systems.
- Ensure staff adhere to REF's corporate values.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Engineering.
- An MBA/ MBL or equivalent master's degree is a must.
- Ten (10) years' management experience, five (5) of which must be at a relevant senior management/ decision-making level.
- Must have strong people management skills and ability to interact with various stakeholders, including senior government officials and political leaders.
- Must have demonstrable experience of providing vision, leadership and effectively managing multiple project teams.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application letter accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae, certified academic and professional certificates to the address indicated below:
Rural Electrification Fund
P. Bag 250A
NB: The Rural Electrification Fund is an equal opportunity employer. All aspiring candidates are, therefore, encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 04 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Rural Electrification Fund (REF)
The Rural Electrification Fund (REF) is a statutory body incorporated under the Rural Electrification Fund Act (Chapter 13:20). The Fund, guided by its governing statute in particular, Government policies and other pronouncements in general, has a mandate to facilitate rapid and equitable provision of sustainable modern energy infrastructure in the rural areas of Zimbabwe through grid and renewable energy technologies.