Chief Procurement Officer (Grade: G2)
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant post that has arisen in the Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission.
Reports To: Executive Secretary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce procurement policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and ensure the production of the annual procurement plan.
- Facilitates the convening of boards of survey.
- Oversee procurement of goods and services for the Commission as per the procurement regulations.
- Coordinate the planning of procurement activities for the ZHRC.
- Supervising the preparation of bidding documents in cOmpliancewith the prevailing procurement laws.
- Manage supply and vendor contracts in liaison with Administration,
- Conducting regular supplier performance evaluations to ensure they meet required standards 9. Establishing and negotiating contract terms and conditions and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Compile minutes for the evaluation committee to ensure compliance with the set procedures and regulations.
- Supervise the preparation of procurement database of all procurements within ZHRC in line with requirements of the Procurement RegulatoryAuthority of Zimbabwe (PRAZ).
- Prepare relevant quarterly, bi-annual and annual procurement reports.
- Prepare periodic procurement reports on behalf of ZHRC to PRAZ.
- Maintain accurate and complete records for all procurefnent at the Commission.
- Facilitate the deployment of mechanisms for gathering feedback, complaints and suggestions from suppliers and service providers.
- Provide secretarial services to procurement and evaluation tender adjudication.
- Prepare all tender documents and facilitate the tendering process.
- Appraise, supervise and offer advice to subordinates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, HND in Purchasing and Supply Management, full CIPS or equivalent qualification.
- Arelevant Master's degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as Procurement Officer preferably in the public sector.
- Registration with PRAZ is mandatory.
- Thorough understanding of the Public Procurement and Disposal PublicAct and regulations. Good analytical, negotiation, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Must be a person of high integrity, professionalism, assertiveness and innovation.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages.
- Knowledge of the SAP System is key.
- Aclean class four (4) driver's license.
How to Apply
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, proof of qualifications and experience should be addressed and forwarded to:
The Human Resources Director,
- Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission, 144 Samora Machel Avenue, Harare OR
- Bulawayo office, 46 Park Road, Suburbs, Opp. Bulawayo Polytechnic Main Gate, Bulawayo OR
- Mutare Office, 59 Second Street, PREMCO Building, 2nd Floor, Mutare OR
- Masvingo Office, Chiefs Hall, Masvingo.
E-mail application to: email@example.com.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be responded to. NB: Applicants should indicate the post applied for on the envelopes and email subject. "The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission is an equal opportunity employer which practices gender and human rights-based approaches to recruitment. Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply".
Deadline: 26 February 2023.Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC)
The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC) is a national human rights institution which was established under section 242 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe. It is an independent Commission whose main mandate is to protect, promote and enforce human rights.