Chief Telecoms Technician Transmission
We are looking for enthusiastic, self - motivated and committed individuals to join our Dynamic team members for the above post. Reporting To: Core & Backbone Networks Manager Harare.
- Reference Number: Tel20234357
Responsible for the provision of reliable telecommunication services by maintaining Core network links operational at all time and provides new inter links as and when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops And Implements Operational Maintenance Plans Schedules For Network Element Equipment Based On Instruction Manuals From Equipment Manufacturers.
- Formulates Preventive Maintenance Plans.
- Implements And Monitors All Radio Parameters And Adjust Them To Meet Commissioning Levels Annually.
- Delegates And Supervises Mast Strengthening, Wave Guide Changes, Antenna Changes And Mast Re-Erection As And When Necessary.
- Delegates And Supervises Replacement Of Damaged Teflon On Trunk Radio Dishes By Testing The Return Loss Of The Wave Guide As And When Necessary.
- Supervises Mast Painting, Stay Checks, Wave Guide Checks, Earth Resistance And Antenna Alignment Checks By Allocating Resources And Setting Time Frames Annually.
- Administers Test Equipment And Stocks For Core Network Links Spares By Keeping A Record Of Movement Of Items.
- Develops Maintenance Check-Lists For All Subsystems With Reference To Supplier’s Specifications.
- Manages Network Elements Resources In A Cost Effective Manner To Meet Financial Performance Targets And Strategic Initiatives.
- Attends To Queries Or Complaints From Interconnection Partners Or Local Customers Regarding International Traffic.
- Participates In Implementation Of Core Network Related Projects Through System Configurations And Post Roll Out Surveillance.
- Completes all other related tasks as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree In Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Studies, Economics Or Marketing.
- City & Guilds FTC / Advanced Technician Diploma / Business Studies Higher Diploma
- Minimum Of 3 Years’ Relevant Experience.
How to Apply
NB: Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.
Deadline: 21 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
TelOne Zimbabwe is a parastatal telecommunications company owned by the Zimbabwe government headquartered in Harare's Central Business District. It provides Voice, Internet and Data services and has a wide network distribution with infrastructure in almost every corner of this country.