Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned vacant position, which have fallen vacant in the Works Department. The incumbent will be reporting to Director of Works.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare designs, drawings and specifications for civil engineering works as a result of new, failing or proactive improvement of infrastructure.
- Assist others with procurement processes including preparation of specifications, evaluations and reporting to ensure compliance with PRAZ.
- Prepare project plans for maintenance or construction works which involves: costing, timeframes, human resources, plant, equipment and materials, milestone reporting, relevant policy and procedure suite for both operations, safety and emergency, diversion or alternate infrastructure plans, consultation and similar.
- Undertake assessment of engineering documentation submitted for development applications and prepare engineering referrals and advice within required timeframes.
- Investigate problems with existing infrastructure assets and determine any matters for rectification and make recommendations of integration into capital works planning, minor works or emergency work.
- Provide information to assist in updating Council's asset management register and GIS.
- Supervises effectively the rehabilitation and maintenance of roads and drainages in order to ensure safety of road users and increase the life span.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strictly holder of BSc/B.Eng. (Hons.) degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Engineering Council of Zimbabwe in the field of Civil/Structural engineering.
- At least five (5) years proven relevant experience.
- Proficiency in ARCGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D. or Civil designer, Epanet, Microsoft Project .
- Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills.
- The ability to think methodically and to manage projects.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
How to Apply
Applications in own handwriting, accompanied by six (6) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae and Certified Copies of relevant qualifications, should be addressed to:
The Acting Town Clerk
Industrial Drive, Zengeza,
P.O Box CZA 70,
NB: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 10 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Chitungwiza is an urban centre and town of Harare Province in Zimbabwe.